If you are interested in donating art objects to the Museum, please review the following conditions:
- The object must be consistent with and relevant to the Museum’s stated scope and mission.
- Items must have clear title and be free of liens, encumbrances and copyright restrictions. Donors shall not place any conditions or restrictions with regard to the exhibition or disposal of the item.
- The Museum is bound by international antiquities laws. Donors must provide verifiable record of authenticity and provenance for all proposed donations.
- Consideration will be given to the Museum’s ability to provide proper care and storage for any donation.
- To make an art donation and for further information, please contact Executive & Curatorial Assistant Courtney Crane: email@example.com with a detailed description, photos and evidence of provenance.
Please note the museum Curatorial Department does not offer appraisals to the public for personal work. If looking for more information about your personal work please explore the following resources:
- To locate an appraiser that matches your needs, call or visit the websites of the following professional associations:
While an initial discussion may be complimentary, appraisers charge for their services. Consider researching similar objects before hiring an appraiser.
The American Institute for Conservation of Historic Artistic Works (202) 452-9545 http://www.conservation-us.org/