Thank you for your interest in working at USC PAM. Below are positions currently available:
The USC Pacific Asia Museum seeks a Development Officer to support its development and membership operations, which encompass major gifts, annual giving, membership, corporate and foundation relations, and special events to support the museum’s mission and growth. S/he coordinates a variety of advancement projects and activities, ensures adherence to the University’s gift processes and policies, and maintains current information about USC Pacific Asia Museum constituents and a $45 million fundraising initiative. Learn more
2017 Getty Multi-Cultural Internships:
Volunteering at USC Pacific Asia Museum is a great way to learn about art and culture of Asia and the Pacific Islands, meet people with similar interests, and share your knowledge and enthusiasm with visitors! Volunteers are a vital and valued resource at the museum. Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow volunteers, the rewards of helping others, and the opportunity to make a difference.
BE A VOLUNTEER
There are many ways for volunteers to support USC Pacific Asia Museum:
- Fulfill essential visitor services, including welcoming and directing guests to galleries and around the museum, and supplying information about USC PAM’s array of offerings.
- Assist at festivals, community outreach, and evening events, and other public programs.
- Assist in sales at the Museum Store.
- Conduct audience surveys.
- Promote Memberships.
- Provide clerical support to the staff.
- Commit to a minimum of four volunteer hours per month.
- Delight in working with the public.
- Become familiar with the exhibitions, collections and programming in order to answer visitor questions confidently.
- Attend in-service trainings.
How to Apply:
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626) 449-2742
BE A DOCENT
USC Pacific Asia Museum’s Docent Council is a team of trained volunteers that guide visitors through tours of the museum’s collection and exhibitions. You may have met them on your first museum visit and they may even be the reason you returned. The friendly and knowledgeable guide is committed to making the museum visitor’s experience a positive one.
The USC Pacific Asia seeks dynamic, dedicated individuals interested in connecting people across cultures and communities to join their volunteer docent corps. Docents are initially trained to facilitate morning school programs in gallery and classroom settings, work with children and adults, and serve as ambassadors for the institution and its programs
Every other year, USC PAM trains new docents through a 6-month long class consisting of lectures, research, mentorship, and a study of tour techniques. Docents also receive continuing education through field trips and private tours of new exhibitions in other museums.
Who Are Prospective Docents?
- Interested in the arts, culture, and history of Asia and the Pacific Islands.
- Enjoy engaging the public in discussing ideas in Asian Art.
- Willing to commit to a minimum of 3 years of service.
All applicants are treated fairly and with dignity. Applicant selection is based on merit, availability and experience, without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, marital status, age, religion, or any other disability protected by federal, state and local law. Docents must be able to walk and stand for at least an hour while touring.
How to Apply:
The 2015-2016 new docent application has been closed. The 2017-2018 new docent training program will be announced fall 2017. Join our family as a museum volunteer to start with!
With so many ways to get involved as a USC Pacific Asia Museum volunteer, there is truly something for everyone.