The USC Pacific Asia Museum is proud to announce a slate of children’s programs for summer 2018. The Museum’s new children’s programming initiatives expands on the family programming already offered at the museum.
Summer 2018 Children’s Programming
Storytime and Art Afternoon, 4+ age
- June 15 (11am – 12:30pm)
- July 20 (11am-12:30pm)
- August 17 (11am-12:30pm)
Join educators from the USC Pacific Asia Museum as we explore Asian cultures, arts, and practices through storytelling and hands-on art making! Discover stories told through the eyes of children and engage in creating a work of art inspired by one of the many cultures of Asia and the Pacific Islands. New stories and projects each month! Free with admission.
- June 15 – Listen to the story Ganesha’s Sweet Tooth and create your own Ganesha or mythical creature out of clay.
- July 20 – Hear the story Suki’s Kimono and learn to create your own doll dressed in a hand-painted textile.
- August 17 – Enjoy the Philippine folk tale Tuko and the Birds and get inspired to create your own tropical painting.
Mindful Kids, 6+ age
- June 16 (11:15am-12pm)
Children and their parents are invited to come experience how mindfulness can help increase attention, relieve stress, and better regulate emotions. Learn fun and engaging tactile practices to cultivate this valuable skill as a family in order to better navigate the often chaotic and competitive world we live in.
This workshop is led by Raymond Soon, a certified instructor with Mindful Schools and a proud dad to two wonderful kids who teach him love, patience, and compassion. Free with admission.
Baby and Me Tour, 0-2 ages
- Friday, June 22 (10-11am);
- Friday, July 27 (10-11am);
- Friday, August 24 (10-11am)
Join other moms, dads, and caregivers for an engaging docent led tour of the museum! Tours start before public hours and fussy babies (0-2 years) are welcome! Parking is provided for larger strollers. Free with admission.