The Education Department is seeking proposals from teaching artists to lead workshops and/or classes at the museum starting in 2018. Ideas should be focused on techniques in Asian and Pacific Islands art, creative expression inspired by objects in the museum’s permanent collection, and/or projects related to special exhibits. Some examples include, but are not limited to: printmaking, East Asian brush painting, embroidery/textile art, and drawing from sculpture and nature.
We are looking for classes for adults, children, and families (intergenerational). Teaching artists should have experience working with diverse audiences and different skill levels as well as a basic knowledge of or familiarity with Asian art. You are welcome to submit more than one proposal.
- Permanent Collection
- Special Exhibition: Winds From Fusang: Mexico and China in the Twentieth Century (part of PST: LA/LA)
- Upcoming exhibition: Ceremonies and Celebrations: Textile Treasures from the USC Pacific Asia Museum Collection (opening Fall 2018)
How to Apply: Email the following materials to Valentina Quezada (Youth and Family Programs Specialist) at email@example.com with the subject line: Teaching Artist Proposal
Submission materials include:
- Workshop proposal including:
- Description of workshop or class
- Why you are interested in this project/technique/exhibition
- Projected budget for materials
- Example(s) of previous teaching work
Deadline: November 17, 2017