Celebrate Lunar New Year at the USC Pacific Asia Museum!
Going on rain or shine, stay dry at USC PAM's annual Lunar New Year festival! Our main stage performances include a Lion Dance and martial arts presentation from the Northern Shaolin Kung Fu Association, classical musicians from the Pasadena Symphony, and a special delegation from the Zhejiang Conservatory of Music performing a variety of traditional and contemporary music and dance pieces.
Plus art activities, food trucks and a musical petting zoo! Fun for the whole family!
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES:
- 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Artmaking Activity: Pig Mask
- 10:00 AM - 4:00PM Artmaking Activity: Dragon Puppet
- 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM Artmaking Activity: Chinese Calligraphy
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Instrument Petting Zoo
SCHEDULE OF PERFORMANCES:
- 10:00 AM Lion Dance and Martial Arts Demonstration
- 11:00 AM Zhejiang Delegation Performance 1
- 12:00 PM Storytime with Sunny in the Silk Road Gallery
- 1:00 PM Zhejiang Delegation Performance 2
- 2:00 PM Pasadena Symphony Quartet
- 3:00 PM Kazan Taiko Drumming Performance