Thank you for your interest in working at USC PAM. Below are positions currently available:
Cultural and Arts Programming Internship
The USC Pacific Asia Museum Cultural and Arts Programming Intern will participate in the year-round programming at the USC Pacific Asia Museum including films, lectures, panels, performances, and cultural events/festivals. By being actively involved in the whole process from generating program ideas to event production, all the way through to marketing and outreach, the Cultural and Arts Programming Intern will gain valuable experience in arts and cultural programming on a variety of topics for diverse audiences.
This unpaid internship requires the intern to be able to commit 10-15 hours on a weekly basis. Hours are flexible but must be during regular business hours Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 5:30 pm. Intern must have a reliable method of transportation as the work will be taking place at the museum in Pasadena – 14 miles from USC campus. The Metro Gold Line Memorial Park Station is .5 mile from the museum.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interest in event programming and execution
How to Apply:
Please send the following to Bethany Wearden at email@example.com:
- Letter of interest of how the requirements are met for the position, what the intern hopes to contribute to the goals of the department and what the intern hopes to learn.
- Resume and contact information (phone/email) for 2 references (teacher, professor, former employer, etc.) (NO FORMAL LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION REQUIRED)
Volunteering at USC Pacific Asia Museum is a great way to learn about art and culture of Asia and the Pacific Islands, meet people with similar interests, and share your knowledge and enthusiasm with visitors. Volunteers are a vital and valued part of the museum. Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow volunteers, the rewards of helping others, and the opportunity to make a difference.
There are many ways for volunteers to support USC Pacific Asia Museum including:
- Fulfill essential visitor services, including welcoming and directing guests to galleries and around the museum, and supplying information about USC PAM’s array of offerings.
- Assist in art-making workshops
- Assist at festivals, evening events, and other public programs.
- Provide logistical support for performances and events.
- Delight in working with the public.
- Become familiar with the exhibitions, collections, and programming in order to answer visitor questions confidently.
- Attend in-service trainings.
How to Apply:
Please fill out this online form and a museum staff member will contact you regarding upcoming volunteer opportunities: https://goo.gl/forms/wVRuMDBdkWRiONH22